Two of my NY musical bredren, Baba Israel & Yako 440 have just released a bangin’ set of tracks called, Highest Degree [EP] which you can now find on Bandcamp. Here’s a tune about the Occupy movement featuring yours truly… Enjoy!!!
- Artist: Elf Tranzporter
- Date: Saturday, July 14th 2012 - Monday, July 16th 2012
- Time: 9:00pm
- City: Elf Tranzporter in Lake Eyre
- Venue: The Gates of Olympic Dam
- Address: Borefeild Rd. SA
- Venue phone: 0401 162 841
- Country: Australia
- Admission: $?
- Age restrictions: All Ages
- Box office: 0401162841
- Notes: Lizards Revenge Festival http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-rNsISdnV4&feature=fvwrel, https://www.facebook.com/events/224524544273924/ Invitation THE LIZARDS REVENGE DLF – Desert Liberation Front Response to the governments decision to expand the Olympic Dam mine. Sleeping underneath the ground there is an old lizard Kalta the sleepy lizard. The lizard ain’t so sleepy anymore. BHP is mining right into that Lizards body. The Federal Government has approved an expansion of the Olympic Dam uranium mine, to make it the biggest uranium mine in the world. Kalta is angry and wants revenge. Arabunna elder Kevin Buzzacott is calling the people of the world to help the lizard shut down the mine. He is calling for people to come and heal the land in the name of peace and justice for the next 10,000 generations to come. The land is being irreversibly poisoned in and around Roxby Downs by the tailings dam causing dust and ground water contamination, and contamination of its workers. The uranium is taken all over the world and used to kill the land and all its creatures. It’s destroying lives not only in Fukashima, with the reactor meltdown, but in the depleted uranium shells that children play with in the streets of Iraq and Kosovo. With the Governments numerous attempts to put a nuclear waste dump at Muckaty in the Northern Territory, there is a danger that radioactive waste will be brought back, opening Australia up to accepting nuclear waste from all over the world. Lets stop the deadly cycle where it starts. The land the lizard and the creatures of this earth are summoning everybody who gives a shit to the gates of Roxby Downs on the 14th of july 2012 for The Lizards Revenge – This is an open invitation to all people and a special call out to artists, musicians and activist community groups and media to get involved in the creation of this autonomous zone for the peace and healing of this land. Party in a Dangerous Planet with Theatre, Cabaret and Art installations. Over 20 musical acts. Solar Powered sound system extravaganza and wind powered cinema. More to be anounced.. Stand up and boogie down at the Gates of Olympic Dam 14th July 2012 Checkout www.lizardsrevenge.net Follow us on twitter @LizardsRevenge for more info email- firstname.lastname@example.org The Lizards Revenge A camp will be set up a week previous to the event for people to gather and get creative and informed about the issues and the land, and build a giant lizard. This camp will be situated north of Roxby on Oonadatta track at the Burnout party site Alberrie creek station. From this site we can convoy to Olympic Dam mine. People coming from the south who don’t have time to go up the Borefield rd could meet and convoy from Pimba road house on the 13th . We encourage people to come to the base camp from the 7th to get creative and help with logistics The base camp at Alberrie Creek is 50km from Marree on the the left down the Oodnadatta Track. (look out for 2 planes sticking out of the ground) Marree is the last spot to get fuel before going to Roxby which is another 200km from there … 30km further down the Oodnatta Track, then left on to the Borefield Rd for around 100km to Roxby/Olympic Dam mine. The gates of hell are 800m from this intersection. If you are coming from the north ..NT you can take the Williams crk rd from Cooberpedy (last spot 4 supplies) then from Williams crk take the Oodnatatta track 30km past bore field turn off to Alberrie Creek. If you are coming from Port Augusta you can go throughout the flinders up to Marree or through Roxby up the Borefield rd. VERRY IMPORTANT check weather and road conditions in Port Augusta and Coberpeddy of the Oodnatta track and bore field rd b4 you go any further.. if these roads are closed we will be meeting around Pimba on the 12th and 13th look out 4 signs. Day 1 – Lizards Revenge; Welcome to country and talk with Uncle Kevin Buzzacott Reclaim the road party with sacred fire, bands, dj’s, speakers and art installations, Solar sound system for main stage and wheelybin mobile sound system on the loose. Big feed with Yellow cake tea house, Food not Bombs kitchen and Kangeroo BBQ and Solar cooker Day 2 – Speakers, Workshops Get informed about the issue & get armed with your rights to protest Workshops include legals, Direct action, creative campaigning, media & much more released closer to July. Day 3 – Your action/statement against uranium mining As a group or an individual make an action or statement about uranium mining, land rights, water use, world peace (associated issues) ect.. So come prepared with things you might need to make that action. Paint a banner, write a song, pray, chain your self to a piece of mining equipment, fly a space ship into the mine lease, jump out and start planting trees. What ever it is, it takes many varieties of action to defeat this monster so show us what you got. Non Violent Action styley, legal advice available. Big feed with Yellow cake tea house, Food not Bombs kitchen and Kangeroo BBQ and Solar cooker Sunset Caberate; shows 10min or under, bring your costume box Bands and Dj’s Day 4 -Group action to be decided at festival Wind and solar powered cinema night After day 4 we can collectively decide if we want/can maintain a blockade of the mine Burnout is happening on the 23rd of July on the Oonadatta track we can regroup there visit Lake Eyre and the mound springs and check out the beautiful land we are trying to protect.
- Add to Google Calendar | Download iCal